Thursday, April 22, 2010

CHEF'S CORNER!

Discovered a very interesting chicken broth the other day called 'Thai Coconut Curry'. Apparently it is new by College Inn. It comes in a 32 oz. box with NO msg. A very nice blend of chicken broth, coconut, curry, garlic & coriander. I decided to give it a try. To 2 cups of a combination of brown & wild rice, I added enough broth to cover rice, covered it and cooked over medium heat. It needed 30 minutes (it could have gone longer) but I like it crunchy. I rough-chopped one medium vidalia onion and sauteed in olive oil. When browned, I added 3 good-sized cloves of garlic, roughly chopped and cooked for another minute. I wanted to use up a few veggies that were beginning to look a little under the weather, so in went the fresh broccoli crowns, a handful of grape tomatoes & some scallion greens. Lastly, I added a few frozen shrimp and the rice. omg. First of all, I was soooo surprised with the intense flavor the broth imparted to the rice as it boiled down. The recipe easily made enough for two. Give it a try. I would love to hear how you used it! p.s. We had a bottle of Sterling Sauvignon Blanc with it ~ oh, yeah. Life is good. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment